If an organisation is going for ISO27001 certification, VMGroup will run a pre-assessment to identify any areas of risk which may fail the audit, allowing time to fix any areas identified.
ISO27001 is the only auditable international standard that defines the requirements of information security. The set of policies, procedures, processes and systems aim to manage information risk such as cyber attacks, data leaks or theft.
The benefits your organisation may see if you achieve ISO27001 certification:
- Avoid financial penalties and losses associated with data breaches.
- Protect and enhance your reputation.
- Business, legal, contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Obtain specialised and independent opinion on your security posture.
- Sharpen your competitive edge.
Organisations commonly use the ISO27001 standards as a framework for best practise approach for information security.
VMGroup have aided in the preparation for ISO27001 audits and can provide guidance to clients to help ensure they have the correct policies and procedures in place to obtain ISO27001.