Forensic Readiness refers to an organisations ability to make optimal use of their digital evidence in a timely and cost effective manner. This includes technical and non-technical strategies and requires a top down and bottom up by-in throughout the entire organisation. On completion of Forensic Readiness assessment, your organisation would have a fully auditable trail for evidence collection in the event of an incident or breach.
Benefits to having a Forensic Readiness Policy:
- Incident response is conducted in a cost effective manner because you have all the evidence ready to hand over to your Incident Response Team.
- Response times for Data Subject Access Requests from customers is quicker.
- Demonstrating compliance with regulatory or legal constraints.
- Supporting contractual and commercial agreements.
- Increases the amount of evidence to facilitate incident response and recovery.
VMGroup also offer Incident Response as a service. Get in touch as soon as you suspect an incident and we'll advise on first steps.